A Lawyer To Help You Qualify for Disability Benefits
Are You Eligible for Disability Benefits?
Just because you have a disability does not mean that your claim for disability benefits will be approved by the Social Security Administration. In fact, more than half of all people who are eventually awarded benefits were initially denied.
If you’re looking at a denial letter right now and are wondering what you did wrong — don’t give up. You may not have done anything wrong. It’s just the way the system works.
Obtaining disability benefits is a marathon, not a sprint. The rules are complicated and the process does take some time to complete. What you gain by working with an experienced attorney is knowledge of the system and its pitfalls. My name is Michael G. Myers and I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your disability claim. For a free consultation, call or contact my law offices today.
Qualifying for SSD and SSI Benefits
To qualify for Social Security Disability benefits:
- You must be disabled (according to the SSA definition)
- You must have enough work credits (this is complicated but if you have worked at least five of the last 10 years, you’ll probably meet this requirement)
To qualify for Supplemental Security Income benefits:
- You must be aged 65 or older, blind, or disabled (according to the SSA definition)
- You must have limited income (this may include free food, free shelter and other government benefits)
- You must have assets valued at $2,000 dollars or less ($3,000 for married couples)
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien
All Disability, All the Time …
There Is No Fee Unless You Receive Benefits
As a lawyer, I handle disability claims and appeals for people throughout the central Indiana region. In fact, this is the only type of legal work I do. I encourage you to take advantage of my experience and knowledge of the Social Security system by calling or contacting me for a free consultation today.